Friday, October 29, 2021

An Open Letter to Wegmans

 Yesterday, I received an email from Wegmans. It was your typical advertisement email, but the subject line said something like, "Which type of Thanksgiving meal planner are you?" At least, I think that's what I read before frantically hitting "delete." 

You guys, it was October 28. 

I get it -- Thanksgiving is less than a month away (gasp), but let me tell you what kind of Thanksgiving meal planner I am:

1. I don't have candy to hand out on Halloween yet. (Note to Self: get candy before Sunday.)

2. My "meal plan" for last night was, "Screw it, I'm ordering pizza."

3. I arrived at work today without my lunch and without a mask. You know, the state-mandated mask I should have at work every day. That mask. (Fortunately, previous Denise has a cabinet stocked with extra masks and food. She's pretty awesome.) 

So, Wegmans -- get real. It's the end of the marking period, the end(ing) of football season, the end of soccer season, the end of October. I can't deal with Thanksgiving right now. What stands between me and Thanksgiving break?

1. Sending marking period letters to all my virtual students and all the students taking credit recovery classes.

2. Sending my first three chapters of my dissertation to my committee, after (im)patiently waiting for my chair to read the 78 pages I've had written for months. 

3. Serving as an adjudicator for our local high school theatre awards program (which means attending as many fall plays as I can in about 2 weeks).

4. Rehearsing for and performing in a show at our community theatre. 

5. Two 12-hour days, to allow for parent-teacher conferences, which are not heavily attended by virtual families. 

Then, and only then, will I turn to my husband and say, "Shit. Did you buy a turkey?"

Ok, ok. It probably won't be that bad (again) this year. After all, I have Weds. Oct. 24 off, so that should be plenty of time to put a meal together. 

In short: back off, Wegmans. I am spinning enough plates right now, and I don't need your Thanksgiving shame-gram. 

Love, 

Denise 

PS -- Thank you for participating in Instacart. I'll hit you up this weekend, bestie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconsidering My Apple Watch

A few years ago, my husband gave me an Apple Watch for Christmas. What an awesome present, right? I'll admit, I had been on the fence fo...