Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Mom for the Win: The Sequel

Usually I hate sequels, but this has to be shared. Remember that time a certain child pitched an absolute fit about getting his COVID shot? You can refresh yourself HERE while we wait. (I've always wanted to cite myself. How delightfully pompous!) 

Allow me to recap a scene from yesterday:

SETTING: the Clark kitchen

MOM [standing at the sink, doing dishes in her never-ending cycle of washing and drying]: I saw on Facebook that your friend, [NAME WITHHELD] was sent home from school because of contact tracing.

LIAM [sitting at the breakfast bar, playing the Switch in his never-ending cycle of childhood bliss]: No way! Again?

MOM: Yeah, I think it's his second time already this year, poor guy. 

LIAM: Sheesh! Why doesn't he just get vaccinated? Then he wouldn't have to quarantine.

[Time stops. MOM slowly turns toward LIAM. Music cue -- something with strings ]

MOM: [about to speak, facial expression something like ---

]


LIAM: [holds up hand] Don't. Say. A. Word. Just turn back around. 

End Scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconsidering My Apple Watch

A few years ago, my husband gave me an Apple Watch for Christmas. What an awesome present, right? I'll admit, I had been on the fence fo...