Friday, December 17, 2021

Join the Conversation with Denise Clark: Episode #6

 I have to admit, I am really proud of my little side adventure into the world of podcasting. We've just released our 6th episode today, and we've had nearly 250 downloads since we've begun. E and I are learning more about sound and editing along the way, thanks to our talented friend Jordan. I've loved all the conversations I've had with the educators this season, and I consider myself blessed to have this many remarkable people in my orbit. 

Be sure to check out Join the Conversation on Teaching #6: Observations from Biology Professor Karen Avery. 


After 15 years of teaching biology to high school students, Karen Avery transitioned to instructing full-time at Pennsylvania College of Technology, where she's worked for the past 5 years. Karen holds degrees in Biology & Education from Lycoming College in PA, a master's degree in Biology from Bloomsburg University of PA, and she's pursuing her doctorate in education through the University of Pittsburgh. She's also completed coursework through Howard Hughes Medical Institute Academy.

Higher education instructors: be sure to check out Karen's "You Gotta" resource, the Tea for Teachers podcast. It's a great place for research-driven methods for college-level teaching and learning.

Thank you for supporting Join the Conversation with Denise Clark. If you find these conversations valuable, please follow/subscribe to the show and share it with a friend or two! For more of Denise's work, check out her blog, The Stories that We Weave 

Music Credit: Ikson 
Sound Engineers: E Connor & Jordan Miller
Special thanks to Jordan Miller 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconsidering My Apple Watch

A few years ago, my husband gave me an Apple Watch for Christmas. What an awesome present, right? I'll admit, I had been on the fence fo...